Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Review: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


Title: Glitch
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Reviewed by: Cassie
The Fairies Say: Creative and cool

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they're caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.

I'm going to be honest, this wasn't my cup of tea. So I'm going to try to be as honest yet nice as possible, because I think ranting-Cassie isn't very pleasing.

Glitch begins... oh shoot I don't even remember. I think she's glitching in her bedroom and is freakin' out. Yawnnn.

Zoe, short for Zoel, was someone you really can't relate to. Unless, of course, you are an emotionless person/computer. If you can, I'm sorry if I offended you but I really couldn't because all I got from her was helpless, angry, innocent, and possibly lame  *cough* confused. Whenever stuff got too deep for her, she turned on her computer self and tuned out the world. She lost herself in no feelings, or sometimes she 'let herself feel the pain because she deserved it'.
There's something wrong with that sentence.

Can you see it?

Uhh the guys... okay Adrien was cool stuff, like, really, he'd be totally hot to me IF I COULD SENSE HER EMOTIONS!!! She goes, oh his eyes... Oh he's so nice... Oh he's so useful!

This is what I have to say to that.

Max.
See, if Max wasn't introduced to us as he was, like "Oh let's try this out!" (you know what I mean? Sort of innocent and stuff) then I'd say ERMERGERSH YER SO HOT. Okay, no. No. Not at all. But he was the only interesting character in the book. And, unfortunately, he was blonde.
Interestingly enough, I've found my fingers itching towards forks more often when the guy is blonde in a book.
:)

Yeah, so the story was sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow for me, but hey. If you like tech stuff, GO FOR IT. I applaud you. I'm just not that kind of geek, so I couldn't be like...
ERMERGERSH THERES A NECKPORT!
or
ERMERGERSH SHE MENTIONED A _____!!

And so... I was majorly disappointed.
BUT DO NOT LET ME STOP YOU!! Try this out! If you don't like the first two chapters, you won't like it at all.

Thank you very much for stopping by,

xoxo
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment