Sunday, October 28, 2012

Review: Boyfriend From Hell by E. Van Lowe


Title: Boyfriend From Hell
Author: E. Van Lowe
Reviewed by: Cassie
*Book provided by author*
The Fairies Say: Fabulous and funny!

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship-they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together.

"But come on, guys, she's my mother... Can I really tell her that while we're snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I'm secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes? Of course not..."

The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again. She hasn't had a man in her life since Megan's father left ten years ago.

Enter two mysterious young men, Megan's new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando. Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships.

But neither of the handsome pair is quite what he seems. In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride. Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him. If she doesn't, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL.


Boyfriend From Hell begins with Suze, Megan's mom, seeing how Megan thinks of her starting to date. Oh it starts out funny. I was snorting in my room (thankfully I wasn't reading it downstairs...) and yes, I do snort.
Anyways, Megan is a funny POV to read, and her extreme tactics are very entertaining. 

Megan is a character who could definitely make or break the book. She's always doing something, usually without thinking, is quick to blurt her thoughts out (or just her opinions), and is pretty funny. She collects trivia, is on the math team, and is good in school. That is, until, Guy Matson comes along. 
Guy Matson... is a mysterious guy. His background? Not much, except he's new. His personality? Too smart for his own good and knows it. He's comfortable with anyone in any situation. 
I, social loner as I am, was pretty jelly.
His appearance? Hmm, let's go with, dark hair dark eyes tan skin (I think) and basically pulls off any outfit.
Yet again, I find myself jelly. (The pulls-off-any-outfit part, since I already look like that and that'd be awkward for all of us if I meant that)

Maudrina was cool. I just wish she had cats instead of dogs. Because cats are awesome.

I didn't like the other characters, possibly because I wasn't supposed to. Matt? Sweet guy, but he's a redhead. Y'all know what that means. HE HAS NO SOUL. Okay, just kidding, but he gave me the creepies.
Hm?
Anyways, Erin seemed very witchy and Suze was ehh and Armando was creep x1000000000.


The plot was actually hilarious and good. Seriously. Ohhh man, Megan's obsession with holy water, crucifixes, and hexagons was great. I think you should definitely try this one; it's a quick read, you'll laugh out-loud at many parts, and well, you can think of that picture up there whenever you see Matt's name.
:)

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment