Friday, February 13, 2015

Review: Dominic by L.A. Casey


Title: Dominic
Author: L.A. Casey
Genre: new adult, romance

Summary (from goodreads.com)

WARNING: If you don't like a leading male that is a possessive pr**k, Dominic is NOT for you. If you don't like a leading female that is a stuborn bi**h, Dominic is NOT  for you. If you don't like over the top drama and characters who have bad tempers, Dominic is NOT for you. Most of all, if you don't like characters who CURSE A LOT and say EXACTLY what they feel and are thinking without sugar coating it then Dominic is REALLY NOT for you.


After a car accident killed her parents when she was a child, Bronagh Murphy chose to box herself off from people in an effort to keep herself from future hurt. If she doesn't befriend people, talk to them or acknowledge them in any way they leave her alone just like she wants.

When Dominic Slater enters her life, ignoring him is all she has to do to get his attention. Dominic is used to attention, and when he and his brothers move to Dublin, Ireland for family business, he gets nothing but attention. Attention from everyone except the beautiful brunette with a sharp tongue.

Dominic wants Bronagh and the only way he can get to her, is by dragging her from the boxed off corner she has herself trapped in the only way he knows how . . . by force.

Dominic wants her, and what Dominic wants, Dominic gets.

Admittedly, that warning was like a neon flashing challenge to me. It was like saying to me, "hey, you! Yeah, you! You don't have the balls to read this nasty book!" So of course, I then had the strong urge to do just that.

Initially I was turned off by some of the REALLY really hateful reviews. I thought to myself, if this book is so good, why is there so much HATE??? Buuuuuut I eventually caved.

. . . And let me just say, it was a RIOT of a read!!!

It was vulgar (in its language), crazy, exciting, and undeniably funny. It was a lose-your-inhibitions kind of book. If you go in judging and looking to find fault, you ain't gonna like this.

Call me crazy, but I devoured this book.

Bronagh and Nico were an intensely amusing couple- their relationship was a bit toxic (okay, like a LOT toxic) but it was also extremely hot with rampant sexual tension . . . Umm slash pseudo-hate. Yeah, there was a lot of name-calling. A lot of it I breezed over, but a few I raised my eyebrows at. It was a bit excessive, but I guess it's a part of the book's charm.

As for the plot?
Eh. I've come to not expect much from new adult. While I guess there was an underlying plot/backstory going on, the real conflict was how Bronagh was bullied at school and slowly letting people in.

Disregarding that . . . It was still strangely compelling! I couldn't put it down and was hooked.

One minor annoyance:
Bronagh and her booty issues. Let me just say this: if you've got booty, YOU FLAUNT IT. Don't be ashamed, alright?!? You are wasting prime booty gifted to you by the booty gods, and all of us average-bootied gals are insanely envious of your bootilicious behind. So don't go telling me that you're self-conscious about your fabulous butt, okay? BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW SELF-CONSCIOUS UNTIL YOU KNOW FLAT BOOTY SYNDROME (also known as FBS).

It's a serious condition that Bronagh and her fellow bootilicious friends will never be concerned with.
That's right, Anne Hathaway, you tell 'em.

Besides that, Bronagh was a badass. Just thought I'd say that. And so was Dominic in general. It was wild and a hoot.

Hugs and kisses~~
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment