Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Reviewed by: Cassie
What we say: fantastically fantabulous!
ARC provided by Pitch Dark for an honest review

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

tick, tick, tick, tick, tick
it's almost
time for war

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her--people with gifts--and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart--and Adam's life.

Unravel Me is a breathtaking read with an exhilarating plot and electrifying romances. Tahereh Mafi whipped up a masterpiece with countless memorable scenes, two sizzling hot guys, and one delightful plot.

So I just wanted to put out there that while I read this, my vocabulary consisted of: "Oh my God.", "OH MY GOD" and, oh! "OHMYGOD!"

Literally. I went on a freaking emotional roller coaster, and I think I almost cried I was so emotional. Because, must I say it?, WARNER. I always thought he was fascinating, and he's a star player in this one. I was so, SO happy when all these scenes with him popped up, and all I could think was, 
"Keep 'em coming."
Quite honestly, whenever I thought I was Team Warner, Tahereh Mafi would ninja-attack me and slam me with a scene with Adam and then I was like, Team ADAM. I kept going back and forth, which is REALLY impressive for me, and I . . . I just couldn't. I was in an hot guy emotional overload. And for all those Warner haters out there, I just want y'all to know we see a COMPLETELY different side of him, so don't hate! Seriously, I honest to God bit my fist I was so torn.

And, maybe it was just me but during Shatter Me the writing style for me was fascinating but overdone, but for Unravel Me, it was PERFECT. I really got a feel for Juliette, her feelings, her instability, her confusion, her desire, her hopes, all of it. And when she gets mad, it's insane. I love crazy-angry girls who pack a punch (they fascinate me), and in this book Juliette does it all. She's angry and violent, scared and lonely, hopeful and thoughtful . . . everything. It's insane.

The plot was delicious and kept the pages turning and turning and turning. The characters are extremely well done- their emotions are depicted flawlessly- and I really, really wish I could read the next book right now!
Yep, needless to say I am obsessed with it. I want more Warner!!


Me ^


Thanks for stopping by-
xoxo Cassie

2 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG. It's all say too about WARNER.
    This man made me crazy. WOOWWW.
    HE'S SO #SEX-HOT-BEAUTIFUL-BREATHTAKING
    I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. HE AND JULIETTE NEED EACH OTHER SO BADLY AND POWERFUL.
    And then his name it's so beautiful Oh MY GOD.
    WHO IS THIS ACTOR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked my folder labeled "aesthetically pleasing men" (I kid you not) and all I found were "Warner 1 GAHH" and "warner 2 OHMYGOD"... SORRY! I'm actually really curious myself, I know I found it off of a popular review of Unravel Me on Goodreads, I hope it helps![if you find out, please tell me... I haven't had a good man-stalk in a while ;) ]

      Delete