Monday, December 17, 2012

Review: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready


Title: Shade
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Reviewed by: Cassie
The Fairies Say: Deliciously dramatic

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

Love ties the together. Death can't tear them apart. Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-part, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding-and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart . . . and clues to the secret of the Shift.

So I have to admit, there's nothing I have to say that's negative, really.

I found myself worrying and sympathizing Aura. I found myself hoping Logan could stay forever with her, yet also leave and be in peace. I hoped that Zachary would make the first move already. I hoped Aura could heal.
The only negative thing I have to say about it is that barely any of the book is dedicated to the plot that I thought would erupt. It was mostly just dealing with a somewhat-there mystery and the two boys.
Otherwise, I liked it!
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment