Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Deity by Jennifer Armentrout


Title: Deity
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Reviewed by: Both of us!
The Fairies Say: Intense and impressive!

Summary (from Goodreads.com)

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time."

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed . . . and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate.

Cassie-
So I'd like to get out there that this totally made me happy and laugh uncontrollably and also blew my mind. I must hand it to Jennifer Armentrout once again. I love reading her books, plus they keep getting better as time goes on, and I CANNOT wait for the next ones!!

[SPOILER] I'm just gonna put it out there- if an author teases me with wickedly awesome romance but only puts in a few kisses, maybe some heavy duty making out, I get angry. (Dodgeball scene, anyone? "You gotta get angry!!") Because, really, how can two teenagers keep their pants on for several months when the tension is palpable? This sounds really bad, but it's reality- if there's no sex within the first three/four books, I get really annoyed. I did not get annoyed with Deity...



Anyways, I loved Alex just as much. She made me guffaw (I know, such a sexy laugh), made me feel her pain, and made me see Aiden in a whole 'nother light. (Refer to picture above)
Aiden in this book . . . WOW. In the past two I felt as if he was an obsession of hers, and he took advantage of it when he found out how pretty she became. I WAS WRONG. Oh my gods, my heartstrings were being hammered. Not pulled. Hammered.
Seth made me sad. I found him way, WAY more interesting than Aiden in Pure, the second book. But then in Deity, he comes a total asshat. I sort of understand why, but REALLY? I liked him a lot! But now I only wish we could get the old Seth. In the end he gets way interesting though.

The plot was great- way more action and story than the previous ones, in that's possible with Pure. It totally blew my mind. On to you Rafia!

Rafia- 
I have to say, I wasn't a superfan like Cassie about the first few books in the Covenant series, but this one blew me away! The twists, the romances, the plot! Normally by the third book in the series, its hard to impress the reader, but boy was I impressed...

Ok, call me prudish (is that even a word?), but I wasn't as enthusiastic as Cassie about the whole sex thing, but maybe I was still cringing from Embrace (review will be coming soon!) but I am glad they finally did it! I guess it was time...

Ahh Alex, she is one of my favorite badass heroines of all time. She has spunk, is funny (I am more of a chuckler <--another made up word), and has a really strong personality. I like that she has a backbone and you see her emotions and how Seth really affects her, even though she obviously belongs with Aiden! And Aiden...he is possibly the sweetest male role I have seen! I love watching how much he cares for Alex and how protective he is. I am a sucker for protective guys!
Lastly...Seth. This just expresses my emotions:
 
And this:

 

Sorry guys, but I was on Team Seth and to see him go bad was devastating! Luckily Aiden helped me through it...if you know what I mean (refer to image uno). 

The plot was remarkable and I just wish I had remembered more from the other books so I could have picked up earlier but other than that, I LOVED IT! There were enough twists and emotions to keep me interested and I couldn't put it down! Possibly the reason I didn't do too well on my trig test... I am dying for Apollyon, but remember, you can read Elixir (book 3.5) on the publisher's (Spencer Hill Press) website so don't miss that! Be sure to comment and follow!

xoxo
Rafia and Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment