Monday, August 6, 2012

Interview with Jennifer L. Armentrout

From Jennifer's website:
Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you've heard about her state aren't true. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki. Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories... which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is the author of the COVENANT Series (Spencer Hill Press), the LUX series (Entangled Publishing), and the upcoming YA contemporary mystery/thrillers DON'T LOOK BACK (Disney/Hyperion Fall 2013) and yet untitled book (Disney/Hyperion tentative Fall 2014).

Jennifer first rocked my world when I read a review and excerpt about Half-Blood from her COVENANT series. Lucky for me, Daimon (the prequel novella to Half-Blood) was available for free to download. And once I read the first few pages, that was it for me. Man, I was hooked! A seriously awesome heroine? Heck yes! (You will love her heroines) After that, it was only obvious that I had to read the rest of her books. In fact... if you ask my mother she will tell you how I begged for her to use her Amazon account to buy Obsidian. I legitimately couldn't wait to read it after hearing about it, it was late at night, and thus came my need for the eBook. (And I mean it when I say I couldn't wait, I was about to die from not being able to read it.) I don't have credit cards to link with an Amazon account so I had to resort to begging my mom to buy it for me. It was a sad sight but totally worth it! Jennifer is an amazing author- one who will have you laughing non-stop and rooting on the heroine. Her books are ones that you cannot put down! It's a sin... for your soul! Yep, I just went there.
I'm sure you want to get to the juicy part, so let's get on with the interview!



Fiction Fairies: What inspired you to write your Lux series? How about your Covenant series? Any particular event or special something?

Jennifer L. Armentrout: Pretty much boredom inspires most of my stories. Coming up with them is a way to ease it. Having an overactive imagination helps. =)

FF: Could you describe a typical outfit for Alex and Katy?

J: Alex would most likely be in gym clothes (work out pants and a regular shirt) and Katy's a jeans and shirt kind of girl. 


FF: If Alex or Katy (take your pick) was stranded on an island (with no electricity) with one other person, who would they pick and what 3 things would they choose to take with them?

J: Katy would bring three books and she'd probably pick Daemon, because he'd definitely keep her entertained. 


FF: Are there any scenes in your books that are based off of real-life experiences?

J: Squeaky the hamster from Cursed is based on a true story-- kind of. That's about it. And trust me, that is freaky enough for there not to be anything based on a real life event. 


FF: What book are you reading now? Any book recommendations?

J: I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood again. Right now, it's been heard for me to get started on a new book. I'm kind of in a reading slump. But I'd recommend Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent and Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.





Thanks for the interview, Jennifer! You can check out her website here: 
http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to vote Daemon in the YA Sisterhood Crush Tourney!

No comments:

Post a Comment